Re: Odd behavoiur of one machine - radvd failing?

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 11:16:23AM +0100, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Enabling promiscuous mode & leaving it a few minutes on the fa311 makes
> it start working.  I'll have to stick a line in /etc/network/interfaces
> until I get a better card.

Or just upgrade your kernel.  The card is OK from my experiences, and
the driver saw a fair bit of development since the 2.4 kernel's
original release.  According to the changelog, multicast was fixed in
version 1.0.7 of the driver (which corresponds to which Linux kernel,
exactly?  Damn this lack of revision control.).

The changelogs indicate that performance related work was done as well,
so you might find that you aren't so desperate to replace the cards if
you upgrade the software that drives them...

noah

--
Noah Meyerhans
Computer Resource Services, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science