Re: IPv6 Programming FAQs?

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 05:31:33PM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:
> I'm currently working on a network-server project which has an old network
> layer (written before the advent of IPv6), and I'm working on refactoring
> it and extending it to support IPv6 as well. However, after searching on
> the various IPv6/6bone sites, and Google, I'm having trouble finding any
> sort of FAQ aimed at programmers, rather than end-users or network admins,
> about exactly what needs to be done to support IPv6, and how it differs
> from IPv4 network handling.

If you're willing to spend some money, I can *strongly* recommend UNIX
Network Programming 2nd edition Vol 1, by W Richard Stevens. It is easily
the most useful book I've ever seen.

It covers both IPv4 and IPv6, and although it's a little old now (1997, I
think) most of it is still very relevant.

--
	                                   jason@khendon.org.uk