Re: (usagi-users 00307) Re: USAGI IPv6 patches

In article <[🔎] 15026.31457.76487.253648@pizda.ninka.net> (at Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:43:13 -0800 (PST)), "David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com> says:

> I really am furious that people have made such a stink about the USAGI
> ipv6 patches, claiming that our ipv6 in the main kernel is "too broken
> to use".  I am going to take such USAGI ipv6 propaganda with a grain
> of salt in the future.

It, ipv6 code in linux is rather broken, is true,
especially in addrconf/neighbor discovery logic.

And, I do not think current Linux behavior of ipv4-mapped / bind(2) is
(seriously) broken - it is RFC compliance (while linux has some typo /
bugs; I'll send you later) - while we want to change it to another what
is also RFC compliance (i,e, disabling v4-mapped is NOT acceptable).
DOUBLE_BIND is such a thing but still in experimental (and it is an
optionable feature in our code).

We provide (rather stable) bugfix and (rather unstable in many meaning)
experimental code... I should apologize... Sorry for your confusing, but
please do not mix them and do not assume everything in our statements
propaganda.

Of course, we agree applying really needed, stable portion of our patch
for main kernel.  We will extract and test them in April, and send you.

Thanks in advance.

--
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI @ USAGI Project  <yoshfuji@linux-ipv6.org>
PGP5i FP: F731 6599 5EB2 BBA7 1515  1323 1806 A96F 5700 6B25