Re: ia64 port needs help in order to be saved

On 8/5/20 3:56 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
> And the behavior is similar to what Sergei wrote in [1] I think, so I'm
> confident that this is not coming from the boot loader, but from using
> gcc 7.3.0 w/o ptrace patch.
>
> [1]: https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/comment/1081244/

I don't see any comments regarding the RX2800 in this discussion.

And, FWIW, the broken version of elilo crashes the exact same way as
the kernel without the ptrace fix which is why it took me a while
to figure that out.

It's just meant as a heads-up since GRUB is known to work very well
and I don't expect any such surprises when using GRUB instead of
elilo.

>> Do you observe that as well?
>
> Not that I know of, but I didn't check activity the whole time. I'll
> observe activity next time I fire the machine up.
>
> What I saw on Debian were unaligned memory accesses. But I think that is
> common on non-x86 arches.
I think the unaligned access might be what keeps the kworker thread busy.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz