Re: ia64 port needs help in order to be saved

Hello!

On 8/4/20 12:40 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
>> The machine is running Squeeze now. I will install unstable using debootstrap
>> on the second disk later today and then the buildd is finally up and running
>> again.
>
> Great work and great news! So do you also have enabled CONFIG_ZONE_DMA32
> for the used kernel in addition or just the Gentoo ptrace patch?

There is actually no CONFIG_ZONE_DMA32 for ia64, just CONFIG_ZONE_DMA and
that is set.

The kernel has this configuration from Sergei [1] and the ptrace patch from
the Gentoo kernel, otherwise it's a vanilla upstream kernel 4.14.83.

I cannot say yet which particular change fixes the problem, but I'm confident
I will be able to figure that out. If you want to test yourself, you may
try 4.14.83 from the stable branch [2] with Sergei's configuration but without
the ptrace patch.

I will get the machine up and running first, so that we can resume building
packages. Anatoly said the blade is a dual blade, so I might be able to
perform the kernel tests on the second blade.

My wild guess is that's the ptrace patch that fixes the problem.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz