Re: X and rx2600

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 03:38:54PM -0700, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 January 2004 12:08 pm, Alex Williamson wrote:
> >    Upgrade to XFree86 4.3 in experimental, 4.2 is known busted.
> Several people here have tripped over this recently, so here's a
> little more info for non-Debian gurus (like me).  Add these to
> your sources.list:
>     deb http://merkel.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main contrib non-free
>     deb-src http://merkel.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main contrib non-free
> and use "apt-get install -t experimental ..."

Goodness, who told you to do this?  ;-)  The official instructions are at
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-resources and say:

These are the sources.list(5) lines for experimental:

     deb http://ftp.xy.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main
     deb-src http://ftp.xy.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main

It'd be useful to post a list of packages that're useful to install since
indiscriminately installing all of experimental is a bad idea.

I don't have access to an X 4.3 box right now, perhaps someone else
could post that?