[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Debian-reference salsa-weblate sync introduces gettext errors in Italian translation



Helge Kreutzmann schreef op za 29-02-2020 om 11:37 [+0100]:
> Hello,
> On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 11:23:37AM +0100, Jean-Pierre Giraud wrote:
> > Le 29/02/2020 à 10:59, Beatrice Torracca a écrit :
> > > Hello,
> > > 
> > > I was checking if my translation of the debian-reference was up to
> > > date. As far as I know weblate was disabled for the Italian language
> > > since the translation is (was?) uptodate and I try to keep it
> > > reasonably updated.
> > > 
> > > I see a merge has been made that has introduced an error in the
> > > Italian po file which, of course, makes msgfmt complains when I try
> > > to
> > > verify it.
> > > 
> > > This is the commit I am talking about:
> > > 
> > > https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-reference/-/commit/819f5a42e5886355b23a04793f1bdf8de4e36077
> > > 
> > > Aside the fact that the Last-Translator changed, so I would not be
> > > notified anymore of translation changes -sigh-, it seems that the
> > > sync
> 
> I noticed this as well, this is really not nice. I noticed this in
> other projects as well.

For that reason, for the debian-edu-doc package, we strictly separate
languages translating via hosted-weblate and languages translating via the
debian l18n-infrastructure. Languages that use the usual debian
infrastructure are consequently filtered out in hosted-weblate.
> 
> > > introduces some form of what are supposed to be comments included in
> > > angle brackets and "HEAD weblate" headers.
> > > 
> > > But that completely disrupts the Italian po file.
> > > 
> > > I will fix the file by hand, but I would like to ask to look into
> > > weblate-salsa sync behaviour to avoid such things happening again in
> > > the future.
> > > 
> > > Thanks,
> > > 
> > > beatrice
> > 
> > The lines <<<< HEAD and >>>>>> weblate are introduced there
> > autamtically
> > due to a conflict during the merge process in Git :  as you can see
> > there are two different mgsgstrs proposed. I think that to resolve
> > this,
> > you have to choose which of two is more adequate and delete the other
> > one and the comment lines.
> 
> Then the merge process needs a fix. It should propose both versions
> and mark the string #,fuzzy so that the next translator can choose
> which version.
> 
> Greetings
> 
>          Helge
> 
> 

-- 
Kind regards,
Frans Spiesschaert



Reply to: