Re: Debian-reference salsa-weblate sync introduces gettext errors in Italian translation

Hello,
On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 11:23:37AM +0100, Jean-Pierre Giraud wrote:
> Le 29/02/2020 à 10:59, Beatrice Torracca a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was checking if my translation of the debian-reference was up to
> > date. As far as I know weblate was disabled for the Italian language
> > since the translation is (was?) uptodate and I try to keep it
> > reasonably updated.
> >
> > I see a merge has been made that has introduced an error in the
> > Italian po file which, of course, makes msgfmt complains when I try to
> > verify it.
> >
> > This is the commit I am talking about:
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-reference/-/commit/819f5a42e5886355b23a04793f1bdf8de4e36077
> >
> > Aside the fact that the Last-Translator changed, so I would not be
> > notified anymore of translation changes -sigh-, it seems that the sync

I noticed this as well, this is really not nice. I noticed this in
other projects as well.

> > introduces some form of what are supposed to be comments included in
> > angle brackets and "HEAD weblate" headers.
> >
> > But that completely disrupts the Italian po file.
> >
> > I will fix the file by hand, but I would like to ask to look into weblate-salsa sync behaviour to avoid such things happening again in the future.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > beatrice
>
> The lines <<<< HEAD and >>>>>> weblate are introduced there autamtically
> due to a conflict during the merge process in Git :  as you can see
> there are two different mgsgstrs proposed. I think that to resolve this,
> you have to choose which of two is more adequate and delete the other
> one and the comment lines.

Then the merge process needs a fix. It should propose both versions
and mark the string #,fuzzy so that the next translator can choose
which version.

Greetings

         Helge