Re: Let's move to ddtp.debian.org - web interface

On mercoledì 06 dicembre 2017, at 17:16 +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> The new system did actually run for a while, but it was mostly as effort by
> me & grisu. It had a lot of nifty features, but most of the feedback I got
> was focussed on the login (people apparently hate OpenID). That together
> with a machine that kept failing and lack of interest by others basically
> led it to being essentially abandoned. And I now definitely don't have the
> time to get it working again.
>
> It was pretty cool IIRC.

It was indeed really cool. I think the Italian team did give some
positive feedback. We discussed between us Italian translators about
it and we were very happy. We kept waiting for it to be put in
production.

I am sorry if it seemed that there was no interest or it was not
appreciated. If we did not use it, it was only because we were under
the impression that the system was only a testing system. We thought
that the translation work done there would not be included for real in
the system. So we just tried it out, taking a look around, but not
really using it for the daily translation work.

Thanks,

beatrice