Re: Let's move to ddtp.debian.org - mail interface
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Let's move to ddtp.debian.org - mail interface
- From: Martin Eberhard Schauer <Martin.E.Schauer@gmx.de>
- Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 04:43:50 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 5A276776.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20171205230438.GE5519@skv.local>
- References: <email@example.com> <CADWG95uv3ef-gO-PjdmpvmAF-jf_pP5YzBH-=86gZSqS7t0nQQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CADWG95t9ryROnfM28qWhnBjsFbJAOY-Pa5xauSEfN3jsj2ZHJw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CADWG95uvvroZM+N5CkOkJ3yZroBhOmKK337JBJqGFnKbfM8Zbw@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CADWG95vFw4Uxp-KPX5bn9n7q+ttQig--khgLhzXrzvm=gT5JuA@mail.gmail.com> <CADWG95t0kJ0jMcL0RZnY+maojun3sOs=4iom1K0UC83rDtYQFA@mail.gmail.com> <CADWG95sEZVs2cok_yqxF_ZaL5__E2W-MMGPL3hZooxYOfLsqGw@mail.gmail.com> <[🔎] 20171205230438.GE5519@skv.local>
> What about mail interface? Does somebody still using it?
> Do we need it?
Please don't skip the mail interface. It is very helpful for
understaffed "teams" like the german one (basically me).
I don't use the mail interface to get new work to translate. I use it
for trivial changes in my point of view.
Over all, i think that the mail interface is a powerful tool, but
dangerous as well. $(random contributor) has direct access without
review. Perhaps the access to it should be coupled to a DDTP account.
A nice feature before the move to ddtp2.debian.net was the automatic
answer to submissions. It showed errors in the files submitted and
contained a direct link to the new database entry. At present one has to
open the web interface to check whether the translation made it into the
DB and if the encoding is ok. According to file(1) I send "UTF-8 Unicode
English text, with very long lines". Sometimes I forget to change
"Description-de:" to "Description-de.UTF-8:" and get garbage. The mail
digestion routine relys on this instead of checking the file type of the
Beatrice, Joe, Helix84; Martijn: I'm very interested in your opinion.