Re: Please translate: stretch dedication text

Hi,

Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> regarding the translations of dedication text:
>
> 1. translations have encoding problems, see
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc/dedication/dedication-9.0.de.txt
> or even more worse
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc/dedication/dedication-9.0.ja.txt

This seems to be a problem with some webbrowsers:
Firefox and derivatives assume the wrong character encoding for the file,
when I select UTF8 by hand, everything displays fine.
With Chromium all is fine out of the box.

So, maybe we can add encoding specification to the files, to make that
working more stable?

> 2. the <lang> variant of the release announcement does not
> link to the <lang> variant of this dedication text, but to the
> english one.

I will change that in the webwml for all announcement translations, that
have the dedication translated for their language.

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .