Re: Time for translation to get into stable release

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:37 AM, scootergrisen <scootergrisen@gmail.com> wrote:
It hard to understand when i don't know what all the different stuff mean. Like upstream.

Sorry about that. Ask Hjorth Larsen already explained what upstream means. In general, you can find explanations on Debian-related terms here [1].

But right now i'm translating Quod Libet some sort of tag editing music application. And i would like to know it that can get into the next Debian stable release.

You can find the list of maintainers on the Debian package page [2].

Ideally, you should talk to the maintainers not directly, but via BTS [3].

I don't know who make the packages. Is that the same persons making the application (Quod Libet) or is it other people making the packages?

Usually it's not the same people. You can find link to the upstream homepage in [2]. In case of quodlibet it's [4], so you should submit your translation there in the first place. After you do that, you can file a bug in BTS [3] to let the Debian package maintainer know that you did so and let them decide whether to package a new upstream release or include your translation.

I'm trying to get all parts of Debian translated and i think its pretty complete from what i can tell so it would be nice to make sure all the translations got into the next stable release.

What I wrote was specific to translation of packages. For localization of Debian in general, this is a good place to start: [5]

[4] https://github.com/quodlibet/quodlibet
[5] https://www.debian.org/international/

Regards,
~~helix84