Re: Time for translation to get into stable release

On 16-12-20 09:23, helix84 wrote:
> That's up to the maintainer of each individual package. First and foremost,
> unless you're translating a package that appears only in Debian or debconf
> templates of a package, you really should send your translation to the
> upstream package where it will appear in the next upstream release. Then
> you need to wait for the debian package maintainer (won't hurt to ping
> them) to package that upstream release. Whether that package version is
> part of Stretch will depend on the freeze deadlines [1] (full freeze for
> updates to existing packages).

Previously I thought that the best approach would be to report a bug
against Debian package with new/updated translation attached and
package maintainer will forward it to the upstream project. In this
case Debian will get all translation even if next upstream
release is going to miss Debian release.

But apparently my understanding of workflow is wrong. Is it?

--
Best regards,
Andrey Skvortsov