Updating Scottish Gaelic translation in Tuxpaint (was: Re: Problem with rogue translator)

Quoting Fòram na Gàidhlig (fios@foramnagaidhlig.net):

> >This has to be discussed with the maintainer of Tuwpaint in Debian. I
> >would suggest you to file a wishlist bug reportagainst that package,
> >with the above explanation....and as much help as you can give him|her
> >to fix the problem (such as attaching the correct translation to the
> >bug report).
>
> The Tuxpaint maintainer is the same person who runs the Tuxpaint
> project and we have asked the mailing list over there repeatedly
> already. So, I guess no chance until they finally do something
> there. It's been over a year now since we handed in the translation
> :(

Really?

From the debian/control file in the tuxpaint package, the maintainer
is Ben Armstrong. I don't see Ben's name in the AUTHORS.txt file of
Tuxpaint unless I'm missing something.

Really, I think a bug report should be filed against the Debian
package, with the new translation and an explanation of why you're
asking for a replacement of the existing one.

I see that tuxpaint had no release since 2009 so it might be easy to
explain why you would prefer overriding the translation that was in
the original tarball.

Let's CC Ben to this discussion in order to have his input. Ben, this
discussion originated here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2013/09/msg00034.html