Re: Problem with rogue translator

The packages I am talking about are cinnamon, docky, bisho,
aptdaemon and indicator-session.

cinnamon is not a Debian-specific package, so the problem here has to
be dealt with the upstream developer of that software

The same stands for docky, bisho and indicator-session.

The problem is mostly that many software authors now think about
Launchpad as a kind of good way to get translations and therefore,
it's very likely that upstream authors have just "taken" translations
(either automatically or manually) from there because they think they're good.

Thanks, this is the info we need! We have already started chasing him down on Launchpad. And we will tackle the source packages after the Ubuntu release in October.

The Tuxpaint translations (done by somebody who was a rookie
translator way back when) are also unusable. We did a new
translation ages ago, but the Tuxpaint devs haven't done an l10n
release since then. Is it possible to send you an updated
translation for Tuxpaint, or can you grab it from their repository?

This has to be discussed with the maintainer of Tuwpaint in Debian. I
would suggest you to file a wishlist bug reportagainst that package,
with the above explanation....and as much help as you can give him|her
to fix the problem (such as attaching the correct translation to the
bug report).

The Tuxpaint maintainer is the same person who runs the Tuxpaint project and we have asked the mailing list over there repeatedly already. So, I guess no chance until they finally do something there. It's been over a year now since we handed in the translation :(