Re: RRD graphs of l10n stats over time moved to i18n.debian.org

Quoting Slavko (linux@slavino.sk):

> > These graphs, originally prepared by Nicolas François, haven't
> > received a big publicity up to now and maybe are ignored by many
> > people.
>
> there was the the bytes statistics too
> (http://i18n.debian.net/debian-l10n-stats/web-rrd/year/byte-*.png) i am
> not able to find them now. Please, there are not generated now?

Well, I moved all RRD files we had on churro (and I had to convert
them from 32bit to 64bit)

> > Please notive that these graphs are mostly made of quite "raw" data
> > and are not nice and fancy web pages with tons of statistics and
> > colors. Indeed, they are meant to build such pages but the work is
> > still to be done.
> >
> > The top URL is http://i18n.debian.org/l10n-rrd
> >
> > There is a lot that can probably be done in the future with this data.
>
> One idea: is problem to generate the images with number values, please?
>
> One another question, about Compendium...

Compendia is an old work bu Eddy Petrisor, which is mostly not longer
maintained. So contributions are very welcomed. As I wrote, nearly
everything is now in debian-l10n git repository, so it makes
contributions quite easy.

> First, in the http://i18n.debian.org/compendia/ is recursive link to
> compendia dir, i am not sure, it is needed?
>
> Next, what is purpose of this compendium (i know what generally
> the gettext's compendium is for). I ask, because (exactly compendium-sk)
> contains a lot of fuzzy messages, which are fuzzy because the string have
> different translation in sources.
>
> If the purpose of the compendium is point to the differences in
> translation, then the purpose is fulfilled. But if it is provided with
> purpose to help with new (or updated) translation, it is mostly unusable,
> by these fuzzy messages.
>
> My opinion is to provide the compendium generated with "--use-first" flag,
> which will drop other variants of the translation and provides compendium
> usable to use for translation. And provide another, the differential
> compendium, generated with "--more-than 2" and pipe it to the "msgattrib
> --only-fuzzy --no-obsolete", or something similar.
>
> What is your opinion, please?

All these ideas seem to be good ideas. Now needs someone to implement them.:)