Re: i18n.debian.net is back (and so it the DDTP|DDTSS)

Quoting Andrei POPESCU (andreimpopescu@gmail.com):
> On Mi, 25 ian 12, 07:05:41, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > Quoting Andrei POPESCU (andreimpopescu@gmail.com):
> >
> > > What are the show-stoppers to get i18n.debian.net under DSA umbrella
> > > (and running as i18n.debian.org)?
> >
> > Reinstall everything on the already prepared (since DebConf 11)
> > i18n.debian.org machine.
>
> Sorry, I must be misunderstanding something. If there already is a
> debian.org machine prepared to take over the services provided by churro
> then why are we[1] looking for alternatives to churro?

Because it takes a longer time to move current services in a way that
fits the policy used by DSA. The alternative hosting is meant to be a
temporary solution. I just fear that "temporary" might be longer than
expected : i18n.debian.org was nearly ready by August 2011, then life
sucked for the involved people (mostly Felipe and Nicolas) and the
effort got stuck.

So, "just" moving the current machine (or its content) exactly as it
is organized by now might be a much faster option as it only requires
dumping a disk into another one, or even hooking up the existing disk
in the new machine in the new location.

> Shouldn't we rather be looking for ways to get churro reachable by DSA
> so they can perform the migration?

This is what Felipe was involved into (hint: Felipe *is* already part
fot he DSA nebula, if I'm correct)