Re: i18n.debian.net is back (and so it the DDTP|DDTSS)

Quoting Martin Bagge / brother (brother@bsnet.se):

> On 2012-01-24 07:25, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > If we could find someonewanting to host a machine and eventually
> > donate one, we could imagine getting churro's disks to that person
> > and rebuild the service with it: new machine, new hosting...but still
> > the old content.
>
> What do we need?
> I got a machine just sitting around that got out of space for running a
> (amd64, i386) mirror. Not sure about the specs but it is well connected
> (Swedish University Network) and people at hand if something strange
> would happen.

What's needed is a reasonably fast machine (preferrably
i386|amd64). As churro was installed around 2006 and was at that time
a "good" standard machine, I think that anything more recent is fine.

Disk space  might be a concern as churro has a local mirror (can't
check numbers right now for obvious reasons, but IIRC disk space on
churro is not that gigantic).

Memory should be something above 2Gb for performance reasons (again,
IIRC...to be checked on churro).

And bandwidth is probably the most important : the more the better.

As for network access, incoming mail, ssh (port 22), http and https
are needed. We need i18n.debian.net to point to the machine's public
IP.

And, as you mention, a local, reliable person to contact in case of
problems is very obviously mandatory.

This is roughly what I remember.

The ideal situation would be duplicating churro disks to avoid a full
reinstall.

Whatever happens to the current churro, having this handy as a
possible backup would be great. For that, we again need churro to be
back to life....and maybe this time have someone to investigate why it
got berzerk.