[Debian-l10n-devel] DDTSS screenshots

On 26 August 2011 01:12, Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> wrote:
> If I understand it the right was:
>  - a user with a login is a 'trusted user'
>
> we have:
>  - AUTH_LEVEL_NONE (IP-User)
>  - AUTH_LEVEL_TRUSTED (login)
>  - AUTH_LEVEL_COORDINATOR (lang coordinator)
> and the 'super admin' (like root permission)

Almost. Let me clarify. There are several levels:

- Unauthenticated (IP-user), dummy user with no authorisation.
- Logged-in, but with no special rights. This is the default for
people who create accounts.
- Trusted. As determined by language coordinator. What this means is a
policy decision, it does not have to mean the same for every language.
- Coordinator. Each language will have one of more coordinators.
Assigned by admins. These people have complete control over language,
including determining trusted users and translation policy, wordlists,
etc.
- Admin, system administrator. They can assign coordinators and create
languages but cannot affect policy. Note this permission is orthogonal
to the others since these are non-overlapping rights.

The goal here is delegation. The people who administer the system as a
whole should not be responsible for setting policy for individual
languages. Hence each language-group needs to appoint some people who
will be responsible for policy and each language-group can effect
policy without dealing with admins.

Note that the columns with numbers of reviewers is outdated, I've just
changed that code. Acceptance of translations works on a points basis
(this is language-group policy) and you can also do access control.
User are split in three groups:

- Anonymous
- Logged-in
- Trusted/Coordinators

For each group you can decide:
- not allowed to translate/review
- allowed to translated/review, but no affect on acceptance
- allowed to translated/review and may trigger acceptance

I believe it is flexible enough to cover all the various requests I've
heard on this list. We shall see if it's enough..

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I have made one to
make it clearer.

http://kleptog.org/temp/Screenshot.png

Note that the system is flexible enough to have more translation
models, (such as reviews only allowed by people whose name begins with
'j') but I'd rather not have more than necessary.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/