Re: What about DDTSS do you (dis)like?

      Hi!

 I hope this message is seen in the constructive way it is meant.

* Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> [2011-06-09 08:44:39 CEST]:
> 4. User management. The current system had it bolted on but here is an
> opportunity to expand the possibilities. You can make access rights to
> submit/review changes/wordlists/translations, etc. This would
> naturally lead to "language managers" for controlling rules for a
> particular language. And superusers, for adding languages.
> Deleting/banning users, etc. What I'd like is some concrete proposals
> about would people would like to be able to do/configure. Or does
> everyone like it just the way it is?

 Actually, I have raised this a few time (and was backed up by another
German translator), though it didn't get done: For German, we would like
to have anonymous contributors, but much more importantly, anonymous
reviewers disabled.

 And what I also see as a very important thing missing here is to be
able to leave a message for a user regarding a specific translation they
made/reviewed. The comment field looks like it might cover this, but
actually it doesn't: the translators and reviewers don't usually come
back to read it. The message has to be displayed directly to them, not
only when they return to the specific transation.

 Example from today: I changed something in the wesnoth2100 translation
a few hours ago, and now it's already marked as recently translated, and
usually people don't check that anymore, especially when short on time.
It is crucial to be able to *directly* drop them a message with respect
to a translation, not through the comment field.

> I am currently working in a local git repository but if people are
> interested I can post the code somewhere. The idea is anyone can check
> it out and with a few commands have an installation running locally.

 I guess in the spirit of the Free Software movement that Debian is
based on you should do push it and offer the git URL. :)

 Enjoy!
Rhonda