Re: What about DDTSS do you (dis)like?

On 21 June 2011 00:43, Serhij Dubyk Сергій Дубик <serhijdubyk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use "pending translation" in several ways:
> 1) I learned about an interesting package somewhere on the Internet or from
> the current update Debian or etc - and I think that this package should
> translate but is not now.
> 2) I began translating the package but realized that I can't now deal with
> specific topics  or description was too large and complex.
>
> For the first case it would be good to have personal "pending translation"
> (and, probably, the current general "pending translation").
> For the second case, will help "fuzzy" translations - incomplete translation
> can be completed their own or it may take another translator.

Yes, I've independently come to the conclusion you need a "pending
translation", mostly because it just falls out of the schema
naturally. What I do want to do is make it less rigid than before. So
packages that are pending a for while get removed. Perhaps even a
button to remove a pending. Similarly the fetch would go straight
through.

> Ability to know what and who translated recently - very interesting.
> I would also be able to have the latest translated packages via RSS / Atom -
> it would be kind of localized DEBaDay's.

Now that's an interesting idea, I like it. It also appears Django has
builtin support for feeds, so that should be trivial.

> Language coordinator could provide such privileges to some users.

Hmm, there is still some discussion about privileges. I was aiming for
"trusted users/coordinators", "logged in" and "anonymous". I'm not
sure we need to have more levels of permissions than that. In
principle I'm thinking trusted users can change anything for that
language, and logged-in users can do some things.

> Another question. I try to translate new packages from Sid upgrades. But not
> all packages get here. It takes some time before the package becomes
> available in DDTSS - is it possible to reduce this delay?

That's the DDTP backend and I don't have any visibility what happens
there. In principle everything should be updated daily, but I think
there's a mirror sync delay involved somewhere. If you have a specific
package you're wondering about I can have a look.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/