Re: translation spam

Quoting Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog@gmail.com):

> Well, the simplest solution is to simply forbid changes without an account.

I was more or less considering this.

Are there teams that would be annoyed by this (ie disallow anonymous
contributions)?

Speaking for the French team: we're OK with disallowing anon
contribs. All of our contributors (about 4-5 people ATM) are using
accounts.

BTW, Martijn, the page for French mentions there are 827
suggestions....but doesn't display any. I suspect this is because of
the high number of suggestions (that are probably spam). This can be
cleaned out...but I suspect it can only be done in the database
directly.

Oh, and while I'm at the various glitches: what about the two "news"
items (by grisu) that are a few years old at the top of each language
page? Where could such "news" things be edited?