Re: Debian menu entry translations for squeeze

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:09:48PM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello Christian,
>
> Could you also republish the original git repro which can be cloned by
> transltors working on menu?

(Note: I just renamed menu-messages to menu-entries to match menu.)

To recap:
The POT file is called menu-entries.pot and is generated daily and is
available at:
<http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/menu/menu-entries/menu-entries.pot>
If you prefer a versioned version, it is available as a git repository:
<http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/menu/menu-entries/.git>
(this way you can easily check for update)

Now the package itself is hosted on alioth:
svn://svn.debian.org/svn/menu/trunk/menu-l10n
If you want commit acces, please send me your alioth login.
(I do not intend to commit menu-entries.pot there before the freeze,
but of course I will commit and upload the translations).

> > To achieve this, I probably need to clone the right branch, on
> > i18n.debian.net, turn this in a "pootle" branch which you would merge
> > in before releasing a new package version, when needed.
>
> Also it would be great if during freeze time as was suggested by Bill
> a final call could be issued here (with links to the git version and
> pootle) so translators would have a time window of 10 days or so
> (given the number of strings, a few extra days wouldn't hurt) to
> update their local copies and file bugs or push translations to
> pootle.

Well, as soon as the freeze is effective, I will change menu-entries.pot
to track squeeze instead of sid and do a final call. I will also arrange
for a menu string freeze.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>