RE: DDTP for hebrew (Was: (howto) adding better support for a specific language)

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Oded Naveh wrote:

	I agree with your opinion, only it seems we lack the resources,
Therefore the need for prioritization.

Yes.  That's the reason I did not CCed Debian Edu any more to not
distract others from the main purpose.  On the other hand by just
raising the issue on debian-i18n I want to verify whether there
actually might be some resources there because the problem is not
really education specific.

I hope to be able to promote Debian-Edu in Israel and through that gain more
resources.

Good luck.

	Yeh, I guess Hebrew translators focus on debconf questions so it's
possible that no descriptions were translated so far, once again due to lack
of resources, I presume.

IMHO both is equally important.

	However, this still doesn't give an indication for the languages
supported by the packaged software.

Sure - that's a different pair of shoes and I'm really happy that
SkoleLinux does not ignore this point (as Petter indicated in his
mail) even if it is not directly distributors task - it just makes
Free Software better (and this is also our goal).

On replies please keep me in cc: as I'm not subscribed here.

Me too.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--