i18n in Debian (it works)

Hi everyone :)

We all know what a great job Debian does in i18n to reach as many people in our world as possible, but it doesn't hurt to have a reminder. I had one today.

While updating the ever-changing Release Notes, I was working on some strings about installing with a Braille device. The examples for the default Debian Braille reader, BrlTTY, allow you to specify a language.

I Googled a bit nervously to find out if a Vietnamese Braille table even existed ... and not only does one exist, but BrlTTY has supported it since 2002 [1].

In any community, but particularly a third-world one, disabled people are the most disadvantaged and isolated. Thankyou, Deb18n, for reaching out to us. [2]

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team

[1] http://osdir.com/ml/redhat.blinux.announce/2002-11/msg00000.html

[2] I'm not blind, but I am severely disabled in other ways, so this is an important area for me.