Re: Intent to NMU yiff to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Quoting Phil Brooke (pjb@debian.org):
> Hi Christian,
>
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Christian Perrier wrote:
>> The yiff Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
>> pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
>> for po-debconf, namely bug number 461947 (and maybe other similar bugs).
>> [...]
>
> I realise that I haven't fixed a very minor bug that might affect
> translations.  #459544 fixes a grammar error in the .templates file.
> What's the best way of handling this so that it doesn't make extra work
> for translators?

Let me handle this during a translation update round ? :-)

FWIW, here's the current changelog entries I have:

yiff (2.14.5-4.1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Non-maintainer upload to fix pending l10n issues.
  * Fix grammar error in debconf templates. Closes: #459544
    Translations unfuzzied.
  * Debconf translations:
  * Japanese. Closes: #461947
  * Swedish. Closes: #487280

So, what I propose is:
- I send a call for translations
- It opens a 10 days delay for translators to send/update translations
- I send you a summary
- You upload

Of course, I can *anyway* explain how I do this "Unfuzzy translations"
magic.

This is simple:

cd debian/po
sed -i "s/it's/its/g" *.po
cd ..
sed -i "s/it's/its/g" yiff-server.templates
debconf-updatepo

When new translations arrive, put them in debian/po, run "msgmerge -U
XX.po templates.pot", then
"msgattrib --clear-fuzzy XX.po >XX-new.po ; mv XX-new.po XX.po"