Serbian localization (was: Re: Translation)

On 18/06/2008, at 2:13 AM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Quoting Esko Arajärvi (edu@iki.fi):

These statistics show Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@debian.org> as a
Serbian translator. Maybe you should contact him?

He has just translated the packages which concern languages Manx (or Gaelic, spoken in the Isle of Man) and Gaeilge (spoken in Ireland) to quite many

Yes, Alastair is definitely not a Serbian speaker. As Esko pointed,
his name appears as Last-Translator in a few packages (also iso-codes,
which he started as a project), but he's Irish and TTBOMK "only"
speaks English and Irish.

There is a Serbian l10n community in Ubuntu (because of of the Ubuntu
i18n "gurus" is Serbian) but I never succeeded in trying to build a
bridge...for instance to get D-I translated in Serbian.

The D-I Serbian translation have indeed their strings coming from
the localization of the Ubuntu installer....as a kind of start for
someone who would like to work on *Debian* l10n.

Danilo Šegan is the Serbian team-leader at GNOME [1], and he crosses project boundaries to comment on general i18n issues.

Danilo's a very experienced and committed localizer: he'd be an excellent person to consult on this. You can say I sent you. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n

[1] http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/sr/gnome-2-24