Re: Package name? (was: Re: Announce of the upcoming NMU for the mysql-dfsg-5.0 package

On 16/06/2008, at 4:45 PM, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

Am Montag, den 16.06.2008, 15:48 +0930 schrieb Clytie Siddall:
On 16/06/2008, at 12:22 AM, Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):
I've submitted two translations for mysql-dfsg-4.0 and mysql- dfsg-4.1
(bugs 313006 and 322292).

I haven't received any requests for update since then.

Are these different packages, or have my translations gone missing
again?

They're different packages.

To avoid further confusion (mine ;) ) in the future, how do I
distinguish a version number from a package name?

The package name is everything before the first _ (underscore)
character, the version is everything until the next _ (underscore)
character in a package file.

Thanks, Rhonda, that's exactly what I need: a brief, clear classification. I am now officially unconfused. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n