Re: reportbug 3.40: Please translate the package reportbug

On Thursday 08 May 2008, you wrote:
> > Y Giridhar Appaji Nag wrote:
> > > On 08/05/08 14:09 +0200, Christian Perrier said ...
> > > reportbug is probably the only way our users can get in touch with us
> > > easily
> > > and it is unfortunate that there are barely any translations.  As one
> > > of the co-maintainers I am trying to fix that.
> >
> > IIRC the translation of reportbug has been discussed before and one
> > argument
>
> Can you please point me to that discussion if you still have the link to
> that thread around?  I tried searching but couldn't find any.

The thread I remembered is here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2005/04/msg00221.html

The thread may be not specifically about translating reportbug, but it does
cover the general issue. There probably have been other discussions as
well.

Please consider the implications of adding translations to reportbug very
carefully before uploading them. Possibly this should even be discussed on
d-devel first.

Cheers,
FJP