Re: When to give up on the "Last Translator" ?

Quoting Neil Williams (codehelp@debian.org):

> > > At least you can try --languageteam option, which can help if the last
> > > translator has specified some mailing list.
>
> Thanks, Esko. I'll give things 7-10 days more and then go down that
> route for those translations that missed the previous update.

Actually (see another mail I just sent in answer to a call by
formorer), I suggest using "--langguageteam" from the very beginning
(should it be a default setting: that's an interesting debate).

As I already wrote, you'll probably get a bounce from those so-called
"language team" addresses set by translators (or some crappy tools, by
default) but that's better than nothing.

In such case, the French team leaves about 7 days to the former
translator to react. If the original translator doesn't express
her|his intent with an ITT message, then I post a mail in our list to
explain the the translation is officially orphaned and anyone may pick
it up.