Re: When to give up on the "Last Translator" ?

Hello,
On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 10:11:21PM +0300, Esko Arajärvi wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 April 2008, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Is there a script that I've missed that tells me when a translation
> > really needs to be switched from default podebconf-report behaviour
> > (email Last Translator, wait) to 'podebconf-report --call' ?
>
> At least you can try --languageteam option, which can help if the last
> translator has specified some mailing list. Now that I'm actively translating
> debconf templates and see a call for an update on debian-l10n-finnish, I
> normally wait if the last translator updates the translation, and if he
> doesn't, I send my own update just before the deadline.

It's very similar for the German team. I maintain a list of MIA
translators and try to ping previous translators if I see no
response/bug report on the list (although mainly for debconf ATM).

Also please be aware that translators have a huge work load. So they
may queue your request due to more urgent work[1] (I noticed that you are
updating your template rather frequently, this might cause some
translators to wait a little before working on your template).

Greetings

           Helge

[1] This is the case currently for de.po, please be a little bit more
    patient