Re: (forw) Google Summer of Code 2007 - mentors and project ideas wanted

Quoting Jens Seidel (jensseidel@users.sf.net):

> Once the new i18n server is up and running it should be as simple as
> adding a new debhelper tool which downloads new translations at build
> time. This requires no action of the maintainer except the initial
> modifications.

This is more or less what I have in mind, yes. This could be
integrated to dh_installdebconf, imho, and therefore would not require
changes to  debian/rules files

> Or does the policy forbid such steps (downloads, ...) during package
> builds?

Well, that should certainly be discussed on debian-devel before....