DDTP: rules to prioritize packages?

During these summer holidays, I'm trying to do as mush DDTP work as
possible, in an attempt to recover the French translations from a long
period of inactivity, which leaves us much behind other teams in
termes of translated packages.

So, I'm using the mail interface to get material to translate and I
have indeed been surprised by what I receive.

Apparently, packages translations are sent in an order which just
seems...random.

I'm sometimes annoyed by receiving translation work to do for packages
that are obviously old outdated crap...:-) (I don't want to be
insulting but I don't see a "Tcl/Tk info browser", or xbiff, as
something that belongs to the 21st century...).

I would suggest to implement a way to receive packages that are really
actively maintained, which gives some more guarantees that the
translation work is done for something that's alive.

Could the date of the last changelog.Debian entry be a criterion to
prioritize packages?

Michael, could you explain the current rules that are applied by the
mail interface to decide what package needs to be sent?