Re: [Draft] Request for translation updates in Debian packages

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 08:06:52AM +0100, Daniel Nylander wrote:

> Clytie Siddall skrev:
>
> >> [4] Many are now busy updating the translations of the D-i manual and
> >> Release
> >> Notes.
> >
> > I've lost track of where I am with the release-notes. I use PO format.
> > Do we have any stats on it, or current files online so I can check? I
> > don't think the PO file necessarily updates from CVS.
>
> Just do a "svn up" to update your copy, and then "make update-po" in
> your directory (vi).

Clytie is talking about Release Notes (which is in CVS), not the D-I (which
is in SVN). That being said, the Release Notes CVS does indeed have an
'update-po', if I run it in a current CVS copy for Vietnamese I get this:

$ cd ddp-cvs/manuals.sgml/release-notes/vi
$ make update-po
(...)
$ LC_ALL=C msgstat release-notes.vi.po
204 translated messages, 29 fuzzy translations, 114 untranslated messages.

Regards

Javier

PS: Msgstat is an alias:
alias msgstat='msgfmt --stat -c -o /dev/null'