Re: [Draft] Request for translation updates in Debian packages

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 02:17:53PM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
>>> On behalf of the Debian Internationalisation team members I would like to
> (...)
>> Just use:
>>
>> "On behalf of all the people interested in internationalisation in Debian"
>> "On behalf of the debian-i18n@lists.debian.org" list"
>
> Ok. How about "On behalf of the members of the debian-i18n mailing list"

I think the problem is with the word 'members', it sounds so formal and is
very unclear who you mean...

>>> As we are on 'freeze' now and one of the things DDs *can* do during the
>>> freeze is to upload new translations (or translation updates), we would like
>>> to ask all Debian Developers to please upload all translations or translation
>>> updates available in the BTS as soon as possible.
>> A stupid question but do we need to contact debian-release first?
>> Otherwise they could be confronted with really many requests.
>> On the other side release managers could add additional rules if this
>> happens.
>
> I've been contacting debian-release myself for some of my l10n-related
> uploads (snort, portmap and, soon, remem). I do have to add a note, however,
> that after the upload they have to ask debian-release to allow the package
> through the freeze (and to not make any changes *besides* translations or the
> release maintainers might not approve it)

Indeed.

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D