Re: Announce of the upcoming NMU for the nufw package

Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au> writes:

> As I said, it's an old typographical convention, making it easier to
> distinguish whole sentences comprised from blocks of metal type among
> a whole frame of those blocks. It's no longer necessary, and will
> only confuse other people.

The question is more whether native English readers will think it
looks weird or is even wrong.  I personally don't care how it is done
as long as it is consistent.

Sometimes it is handled differently in templates I translate - even
within the same string.  When I make recommendations on how to improve
the English text I would like to know in which direction I should make
them.

Matthias