Re: Announce of the upcoming NMU for the nufw package

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> No, I will do the NMU but I won't change the English strings anymore
> unless I'm provided with a patch to the original templates file. This
> patch must guarantee that translations are not affected.

It would then be helpful if you could provide the
debian/nufw.templates and debian/nuauth.templates files.  Then I could
prepare a patch for them.  Of course, translations will always be
affected as they will become fuzzy.  But I'll make sure to be not too
invasive.

Regarding the double spaces issue it is probably pointless to ask for
a logic.  It's just the way it is.  Why do French put a space in front
of an exclamation point?  It's absolutely unlogical to me. (-;

But I think it should be consistent, at least within one package.
What do native English speakers think about that?  (I know I should
ask that on l10n-english.)

Matthias