On 04/12/2006, at 4:56 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:
This is the second (brief) report about the status of the Pootle server (codename churro) for Debian work, which you can see at http://i18n.debian.net:8080/.
Thanks for keeping us up to speed. :)
Please note that the server is still highly experimental, can be broken at any time, with projects moved from here to there or even removed. Don't base *any* production work on it.
I've wanted to get into the DDTP work. Are the DDTP files on churro current? Can I work on them there, keeping a backup copy as insurance? (At My Own Risk™).
- All Debian Installer translations have been included in the server (except those for which I don't have write commit access to their respective VCS)
- We are hit pretty hard by Pootle bug #193 (http://bugs.wordforge.org/show_bug.cgi?id=193) I "fixed" all PO files which are non UTF-8 and have non ASCII characters in their headers but that bug virtually prevents us from automating a sync between repositories and Pootle
This is a pain. However, perhaps we could take the opportunity to encourage the standard UTF8 encoding throughout Debian PO files.
- a rudimentary sync script between SVN repositories (which are 90% of the sources for D-I strings) and Pootle is in place (for churro admins: svn source is in my home in ~/d-i_translations. So is the sync script)
Extra cool. :)
- the server experiences kernel problems (RTC handling instabilities) which can make it very slow from time to time...until we reboot
- we still don't have a nice mixed Debian/Wordforge logo..:)
Sorry, I can't help you there. I don't have any visual skills. My two graphic artist daughters would show interest, promise to do something about it, then disappear into a realm of vagueness and do something totally different. ;)
Trinh's proposed Linuxchix logo  was rather fun, though. She was only 14 then.
- registration to the server may have problems. If you registered and still didn't get your activation code, please mail me
Mine was fine.
- please mail me if you want to be authorized for D-I translation in your language. Remember: NO PRODUCTION WORK.
Please add my language and authorize me. :)from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhóm Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/vi-VN  http://www.riverland.net.au/~clytie/trinh/linuxchix.html
Description: This is a digitally signed message part