Re: Work started on Release Notes for Etch (II)

A few notes from my experience, hopefully also useful for fellow
translators who are not very familiar with the debian-doc working flow.

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 05:44:27AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:

> See [1] for general information on how to get a checkout from the DDP CVS.
> * To get an anonymous CVS checkout of the Etch Release Notes, now use:
>   $ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-doc login
>   $ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-doc -z3 \
>     checkout ddp/manuals.sgml/release-notes

For those who don't like deep directory structure like me, adding "-d
release-notes" after the checkout command would be useful.

> To build the release notes yourself, you will need to install the package
> debiandoc-sgml. To build your translation, make sure you are in the
> directory for your translation and use:
> $ make architecture=i386

Note that debiandoc-sgml seems to only satisfy the HTML doc building
requirements.  To build the PS and PDF docs as well, tetex-bin and other
LaTeX packages are needed.  However, for only proofreading purpose, the
HTML version is good enough, so you can build only the HTML doc by:
    $ make architecture=i386 html

Ming
2006.11.05