Re: Showing the previous string when fuzzying

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 07:18:01PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> However, don't expect that we will use it in Debian soon. Being in the
> freeze process, changes to gettext are very unlikely (the 0.15
> transition did break some packages already) and I doubt we will have
> 0.15.1 in etch (I regret it as well, but this is just infortunate
> timing, here).

For large translation projects such as debian-installer, I assume it's
always possible for the maintainer or tranlation coordinator to use a
local new version of gettext, generate the history-aware PO files, and
after the translation is finished, revert the PO files back to a format
compatible with old gettext (say, strip all the "#|" comments) so that
it builds fine.  Is that the case?

Sure, it's more work, but for debian-installer (especially level 1, as
we are using different PO files for translation and building anyway) it
may be worth it.

Ming
2006.10.09