Re: (forw) Re: Launching a NMU campaign for pending l10n bugs

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> (16/09/2006):
> Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> (15/09/2006):
> > Quoting Lucas Wall (lwall@debian.org):

> > > Sure, no problem. The scripts would need some adjustments. Is the
> > > current list the direct output of Thomas' script? Or does it have
> > > some manual editing? Can the script be used to keep the packages
> > > status updated? Beyond the package list (and some info focus
> > > changes) do you think there are other changes needed?
> > >
> > > If we iron out the details I'll work on the scripts over the weekend.
> >

> > Actually, let's try to get Thomas answer about all this and be sure
> > that we're not doing duplicate work.
> >
> > Thomas, I suggest we work with Lucas so that he can update his old
> > scripts to fit our new goal.....and you can adjust your extraciton
> > scripts so that they keep the list used by Lucas script up-to-date as
> > long as the work advances.
>
> The current output of my script is only HTML (and does not need manual
> editing). However, it would be really easy for me to create a database
> in the format you think is appropriate, for example:
>
> Package: foo
> Score: 1234
> Debconf: 333333, 333444, 444444
> L10n: 222222, 222333
>
> Package: bar
> Score: 789
>
> And similar entries for every package. Just tell me what would be your
> best format and which information I should put in it. You could also
> just take my script and copy/paste the interesting part to integrate
> this ranking in your pages, so that there are no duplicate sites where
> to find the information (or we could do it together).

Lucas, did you have time to think about it?

Note that I implemented a very basic script to update the status on the
page (ITW, NMU...). It is far from having all the feature of the previous
infrastructure, but could be used temporarily if somebody wants to start
the campaign as soon as possible.

Cheers,

--
Thomas Huriaux