Re: Work started on Release Notes for Etch

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 09:10:34PM +0200, Thomas Huriaux wrote:
> Yuri Kozlov <kozlov.y@gmail.com> (17/09/2006):
> > 2006/9/17, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl>:
> > >See [1] for general information on how to get a checkout from the DDP CVS.
> > http://cvs.debian.org/ddp/manuals.sgml/release-notes/?root=debian-doc&only_with_tag=etch
> > >
> > Hey, where are .po files ? :)
> > po4a is not ready for release-notes sgml ?
>
> It should be ready (at least with the version in Etch), however the
> Makefile should be modified to include PO files in the build system.
> DDP maintainers, do you think it is appropriate to support po4a within
> the build system for translators who want to use it, or should we only
> commit the re-generated documents?

Only source files should be found in CVS, no generated files.

> If it's ok, I will work on a patch.

See project-history/Makefile for an example. I used po-debiandoc for
this but it should be trivial to adapt it ...

Such changes are not very difficult. Every translator should feel free
to perform such tasks if he prefers PO file. I see no benefit in
changing all documents now just to be prepared.

Jens