Using podebconf-report-po (was: Re: translations needed (cpufreqd debconf POs additions)

On 18/06/2006, at 8:01 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Note to Clytie: it's absolutely normal that you don't get automatic
notifications for all these needed updates. Nothing enforces using the
podebconf-report-po utility when maintainers do update their
templates.

Thanks for the info, Christian. I get quite a few of these update emails, so I'd assumed it was general practice. I really don't have time to try and keep an eye on all those templates, so anyone not using podebconf-report-po is probably not going to get updates from me.

This is slowly coming, as long as we teach package maintainers about
this utility.

I'll keep spreading awareness. ;)

It might also help to have the info somewhere package maintainers are likely to see it, or a reminder that they are more likely to get timely updates by using this utility. I don't know how difficult it would be to get the info across to as many people as possible.