Re: A couple of comments

On Monday 19 June 2006 10:01, Jacobo Tarrio wrote:
>  BTW is the partitioning tool in the testing images an old version? A
> string appeared in English but it has been translated for quite a long
> time.

That raises a couple of questions:
- which image did you test exactly (beta2 or daily build)?
- which string and thus which partman component are we talking about?

In theory you can answer such a question yourself by looking at the
changelog for the relevant package in the SVN repository (in this case
packages/partman/partman-xxx/debian/changelog). That will give you when
it was last uploaded (look for the signature below the first entry in the
changelog that does not say UNRELEASED).

That said, a lot of packages are uploaded only when preparing for release.
The main reason for uploading them between releases is when there is a
change in the code, or when there is a string change affecting all
languages. Updates of individual translations are normally not a reason
for uploading a new version.

Cheers,
FJP