Re: Specifications for WordForge

Hello,

> All of thus that are here have seen Javier's presentation about Pootle
> and more generally the Wordforge framweork and concepts. I think this
> helped us a lot to understand that Wordforge is much mor ethan Pootle
> and, indeed, that even Pootle is much more than the Pootle some of us
> already know about.
>
> http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/wordforge/functional_specificaions

This spec is quite extensive.  Thanks for pointing it out.

> This is a very long document, but please try to read it if you have
> some time. And be prepared: this is not carved in stone stuff, this is
> something that Wordforge people are ready  TO DISCUSS and collaborate
> with.

Great.  I have subscribed to their mailing list.

> So, yes, this is probably again discussions and talks and no
> code. Yes, Gintautas, I know this....but you've been warned: We,
> Debian people, currently NEEDED to discuss and settle down our ideas
> BEFORE any implementation comes.

As I said, I like discussions,  but I love feedback even more.  That's
why I want to get started quickly: to weed out bogus ideas, to figure
out the major roadblocks, what is expensive, what is cheap to implement,
etc.

Perhaps I made too strong an impression that I just want to jump to
code.  Sorry about that, my intention was to point to things that we
have to decide now, rather than ones that we can linger on later.

Sincerely,
--
Gintautas Miliauskas
http://gintasm.blogspot.com