Web of trust (was: Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On 04/04/2006, at 1:35 PM, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

In many places on Earth, "voting" and "fraud" are close to being
synonimous. If we don't set up a control that makes each person to be
worth one and only one vote, we could just set up a polling gadget in
our webpage - and let the robots vote as often as they please.

If I were to decide, I would define such web of trust as people signed
directly by a DD - Maybe two hops away, but that's probably extending
it too much beyond what we know to be true.

It might be worth asking Gnome how well it works for them. There, you can join the Foundation, and can vote, if you demonstrate an ongoing and significant contribution to the project. I think you also have to be supported by one or more Foundation members.

So far, Gnome hasn't passed into the hands of the people manipulating robots. ;)