Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

Answering my own mail, here... ;)

On 02/04/2006, at 1:11 PM, Clytie Siddall wrote:

I haven't been able to keep up with debian-devel, so I missed this, until my notification program [1] flashed up the mail with this subject.

So I'm trying to publicize it among people who may not read this list. The election has had a small turn-out, which I think has to be due in some degree at least to people not knowing about it. ;)

Erinn Clark of Debian-Women has kindly answered:

Just FYI: In order to vote, you have to be a Debian Developer, which is
how you know if your key is in the keyring or not. If you haven't gone
through the Debian new maintainer process and been accepted, you are
unable to vote.

which fact is annoying, when you've read the election mail (which did not include this information), taken the time to read the platform information for the candidates, and gone ahead and voted.

I don't understand why this election is restricted to Debian Developers. What about all the other people who regularly contribute time and effort to the Debian project?

I don't want to misunderstand, but this does seem to disregard our contributions, and our valid views on the project.