Re: Cleaning out the D-I supported languages list

Vuos, njukčamánu 20. b. 2006 07.47, Christian Perrier čálii:
> After getting over the full list of languages that we supprot, or will
> support in D-I (installer//doc/i18n/languages.xml, or
> http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/i18n-doc/languages.html), I have
> removed the entries for a few languages for which contact is obviously
> lost:
>
> Irish (no contact ever...came from Alastari McKinstry translation of
>        keyboard names)
> Kabyle (initial contacts by me never got past the lcoale writing)
> Serbian (Alex Malinovich completely unresponsive)
> Northern Sami (was there because of Skolelinux...still listed in
>                localechooser as an exception for Skolelinux
>                needs...but never had any translator)

I would like to have a go at translating d-i to Northern Sami. I have
registered an account at alioth, and I am reading the d-i i18n and l10n guide
right now.

I have worked on the skolelinux/Debian-Edu project. Through that project I
have made a Northern Sami locale for linux, keyboard for X, and translated
KDE and KOffice.

regards,
--
Børre Gaup