Re: Irish contact (was: Re: Cleaning out the D-I supported languages list

onsdag 22 mars 2006, 15:46, skrev Kevin Patrick Scannell:

> Don't forget these:
> http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/saoghal/mion-chanain/en/
>
> :)

And they missed Älvdalsk:  http://www.alvdalen.se/alvdalska/#vadaralvdalska -
can't find anything in English, but it's an archaic Nordic language spoken by
about 3000 people in north and central Dalarne, Sweden. Fascinating stuff,
they have kept the þ and ð sounds,  nasal vowels,  four grammatical cases,
other linguistic traits close to the Swedish/Norse of 1000 years ago. Enough
differences to be called a language, and a written form is now being
normalized.
I hope the extra glyphs in the below sample make it through:

Mienum an al få wårå um ollt an beller kum iug so ärer övdalskun til, sos weðå
å ar kumið, war å ir noger å språkkartun, wen so mertjer yr åna, og um eð ir
grąl attwið min enner, eld ir eð nogų lysa.

Bjørn