Re: [D-I] After beta2, work is resuming in Debian Installer

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 08:20:59AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Eddy Petrişor (eddy.petrisor@gmail.com):
>
> > > I recommend the use of the di-monitor.sh script by Peter Mann to
> > > survey the translation statistics.
> >
> > Where is this script?
>
> Hmmm, my mistake. The script is named "websec-txt" and is located in
> scripts/l10n in the D-I SVN.
>
> I actually have renamed it on my system because I found the name nopt
> very explicit about the script use..:-)

idea for this script comes from websec package - but websec doesn't support
txt pages (exactly - pretty diff for txt pages), only html ... so i named
my simple script 'websec-txt'

apt-cache show websec

 A visual Web page monitoring software. However, it goes
 beyond the normal functionalities offered by such software. Not only
 does it detect changes based on content analysis (instead of date/time
 stamp or simple textual comparison), it will email the changed page to
 you with the new content highlighted.

websec uses webdiff:

webdiff will compare two webpages and create an output file with
the changesw highlighted.

webdiff is internal to websec and isn't well documented.

5o   Peter.Mann at tuke.sk